Dowsing Helps You Heal
Physical, social and emotional pain decreases as consciousness of choices and opportunities raises. Using your hands on physical reflex point and dowsing with your hands is a way to make subconscious health information conscious. Dowsing is a pathway to raising your consciousness and connection with healing and a pain-free life.
So, what is dowsing?
Dowsing for water or witching for water is an old tradition, that has been used for many years. In dowsing for water the practitioner holds two sticks parallel to each other out in front of their body. Often the sticks are branches from the water-seeking willow tree. The practitioner walks around the area where they are searching for water or the best place to dig a well. At some point the two sticks are no longer parallel, they cross forming an X. This is where the water well is dug. The success of this ancient technique has been verified by modern technology.
Dowsing can also be used to improve your health and help you be more conscious of what is going on inside your body. In The Art of Dowsing, Richard Webster says, “It is not like the sticks move by themselves.” A profound statement when it is considered in relationship to diagnostics or making invisible, unseen, subconscious information conscious. Many diagnostic tools are used to enhance what we already know on some level but give us more detailed information that can be used in healing.
The implication of the sticks not crossing by themselves, is that on some level the person dowsing for water already knows where the water is and is just using the sticks to amplify their awareness of the whereabouts of the water.
In my alternative medicine clinic, when the client walks through the door. I have two questions in my mind. “What is the underlying dysfunction preventing them from having the quality of life they want?” And, “How can I work with them to facilitate their shift towards the health or vision they want?”
Dowsing can help answer the first question and each practitioner’s skill answers the second. In a healthcare setting, dowsing can be used to find areas of dysfunction. It is a matter of following two lines of tissue, tension or energy to a third place, a place, where when treated, often results in decreased pain, improved eyesight, or easier joint movements.
Quantum physics predicts that we are related on a subatomic level. We are part of a whole. Dowsing allows us to connect with information contained within the whole.
When dowsing for healing purposes, a practitioner can uses reflex points, sites of dysfunction, areas of signs and symptoms and specific structures to dowse to primary sites affecting health and wellness, or any two points chosen for some reason. A Matrix Energetics practitioner as any other alternative medicine practitioner can use dowsing from two points to enhance what they are doing.
How to Dowse for Health
1. First, think about the question. What are you trying to ascertain? Why are you dowsing?
2. Place your hands in two different places. The places can be over organs, on acupuncture reflex points, matrix energetics two points, Chapman’s reflexes or any two areas of symptoms.
3. As you gently rest your hands on the two places, notice if you are pulled towards a third point. You may feel an energy line (like a stick) from each of the places you have your hands, or you may “see” a light or line. Where do the lines cross? This is the third place. You may feel your attention drawn to a third place and not even be aware of the lines at all.
4. Next, do something to change what is going on at the third place. You may place your hands on that place or have the client place their hands and do a guided meditation or visualize a healing flow of energy or nutrients to the X. You might be an acupuncturist and needle the third point or massage it. There are many techniques from the field of complementary medicine that can be used on the third point to change something about your own health or the well being of your client.
5. You can choose two new points and repeat the process throughout a treatment session or your own self-care process.
Secret Tip on Choosing Two Points
Which two points you start with often influences the outcome. For example if you ate poorly and now have a headache, you might choose one point on the right lower rib cage over the liver, which helps you detoxify your body. The other hand could be on your head where you have head pain. This will help you find a third point in your body which is influenced by the liver and also influencing the head pain. Using the liver as one of the points can help you access and release anger, an emotion associated with the liver in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Another example would be someone with knee pain. One hand could be on the “good knee” which is doing something right that the other knee is not or knows something about how to function that the other knee does not. The other hand could be on the “bad” knee to find a third point that would help both knees or on the top of the head focuses on a part of the brain deep in the center called the thalamus. Your thalamus is the place where you process pain and dowsing with this point will help you find solutions to pain (physical or emotional).
About the Author
Kimberly Burnham, PhD is the author of Our Fractal Nature, a Journey of Self-Discovery and Connection, as well as the upcoming book, The Nerve Whisperer, Recover Your Life Through Brain Health. Featured with other thought leaders in two books, her chapter in Jack Canfield’s Pearls of Wisdom, 30 Inspirational Ideas to Live Your Best Life Now!, “Fractals: Seeing the Patterns in Our Existence,” offers a unique perspective on life patterns and how we can improve our brain health and memory by observing while seeking to understand the world around us. “The Eyes Observing Your World,“, in Pebbles in the Pond: Transforming the World One Person at a Time tells her remarkable story of vision recovery offering hope for anyone with a potentially blinding condition, migraines, or immune dysfunction.